Meadowlark Events take place rain or shine. Bring appropriate clothing and footwear. In this Covid year, all events are outside. Tickets are not refundable.
Each tour is described in some detail and evaluated for difficulty on the scale of “0” to “4”. “0” is a sit-down presentation or lecture and “4” is a long and sometimes steep hike or ride. Please see the Legend on the next page.
Dogs tend to explore beyond the pathways and scare the wildlife which we are trying to observe and not disturb. Your dog does not deserve to be left in the car, and unless your dog is a certified service animal, we will not allow those with pets to participate in tours. Please leave your dog at home.
- You should be ready for changes in weather while you climb and descend. Bring clothes for sunny and/or rainy weather. Sunscreen, a hat, and water are necessities. Snacks and/or lunch will help sustain you through long trips. Walking sticks, cameras, binoculars, and field and birding guides might make the trip more enjoyable. Insect repellant should also be considered for higher hikes and evening adventures when the bugs are at their best.
- You should also bring necessary documentation. You will need to download and print a ticket and a liability waiver for each person attending. In this Covid year you will also need to bring proof of vaccination.
- In cases of car pooling, it would be considered polite to contribute to the fuel costs by having a few dollars for the driver. You might also bring a mask because a car pool will be fairly close quarters.
The meeting place for each tour is listed in the tour description. Please take a few minutes prior to leaving for the tour to make sure you know where you are going to meet. The tours leave on time and you don’t want to miss the start.
- All tickets must be purchased in advance. All ticket sales are online at
www.meadowlarkfestival.ca. You can go to festival-at-a-glance and find tours that interest you and fit your schedule. Then click on each selected tour to get a detailed description and find a “buy now” click button. PayPal and major credit cards are accepted. Tickets are non-refundable.
- We will be holding a gala dinner and auction on Sunday May 22 with a cash bar. We have added a cashless payment method for in-person sales, so if you prefer to pay for auction items and drinks with a major credit card or debit card, that option will be available.
- There are many ways you can show your support of the festival. Of course, the simplest is to buy tour tickets and event tickets.
- There are costs involved with putting on the tours. With that in mind, we have created an Adopt-a-Tour Program so that smaller organisations and personal supporters can take care of those costs for us and get appropriate recognition on our website and at the tour meeting place. You can find Adopt-a-Tour on the dropdown menu on the website and take the cost of the tour on so that all ticket income can go directly to our charity. Each tour adopter also gets two tickets to the tour they adopted.
- You can make a donation to the Meadowlark Nature Festival – again by using the drop-down menu on our website. A charitable donation tax receipt is available upon request.
- You can attend our benefit concert on Friday evening at the District Wine Village in Oliver. The Wine Village is generously passing on the gate receipts to the Festival as their contribution. We thank them sincerely for this major support program.
- You can attend the Gala Dinner and Auction on Sunday evening and bid with enthusiasm on the many interesting and valuable items that have been generously donated by supporters of the festival.