Description Of This Tour
Here’s a chance to create your own Meadowlark in yellow, blue, red or even hot pink! Join 2019 Meadowlark featured artist Alex Fong in this fun and informal workshop. Using a blend of watercolours and acrylics, Alex will give step-by-step instruction taking participants through the process of creating a Western Meadowlark, while encouraging you to express your own individual creativity. There should be plenty of time to brush up on your bulrushes! You can also try your hand at a variety of other backgrounds available to choose from or bring your own inspirational image to work from. Participants must bring their own art supplies. ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE WELCOME!
- Watercolour Paint Suggestions: Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Alizarin Crimson, Raw Sienna, Cerulean Blue, Cobalt Blue, Ultramine Blue, Sap Green, Hookers Green, Cadmium Rd, Cadmium Yellow, Yellow Ochre
- Acrylic Paint Suggestions: Titanium White, Metalic Gold, Bronze, Copper, Various Colours, Liquitex softbody, FW liquid acrylic inks
- Brush Suggestions: 1/8”, ¼”, ½”, 1” square Aquarelle, rounds (all sizes), rigger long bristle, 3” Hake or wide bristle brush
- Paper Suggestions: arches / WC Board (or personal preference) any size, soaked (approx..10 minutes), stretched WC paper
- Other Supplies: Large palette (preferably white), large pail, small plastic containers (approx. 2 oz) paper towel, blow dryer, cosmetic sponge